The RAKO brand

Rako“The factory has always devoted maximum care and excessive monetary expenditures to the promotion of its goods,” cited Rakovník-based archivist Ladislav Hanzlíček in the first half of the 20th century. Advertisements in magazines, newspaper supplements and quite often expensive sample books informed potential customers about the types of goods it manufactured. The “RAKO” brand was invented during the time of Director Sommerschuh and is an abbreviation of the word ‘Rakovník’.
The statue in the RAKO logo depicts Ashurnasirpal II, Assyrian King and founder of the New Assyrian Empire. He ruled Assyria from 883 – 863 BC. The motif was adopted from the relief of a stone slab preserved in the British Museum in London. At this time, the ceramic bowl which the King holds in his hand was called ”rako”. The figure of the King was placed on an octagonal tile and the inscription RAKO was placed over his head. The ancient origin of the depiction and the advancement of culture during this time correspond with the long-standing tradition of the Rakovník-based ceramics plants and production of ceramic products.

The RAKO inscription and logo were used for business relations and promotion. It was then registered in many forms and shapes as the company’s trademark. 

RakoThe RAKO combined trademark was first registered on 28 June 1923.

 

RakoCombined trademark registered from 14 November 1925. 

 

The “Rako” verbal trade mark was registered in 1934.

RakoThe fund of RAKO trademarks most used at the present time is based on the traditional combined trademark as well as the verbal and graphical trademarks.

 

Home > About us > History > The RAKO brand